here we stand
Welcome to Here we Stand.

We are a AU DC forum, which accepts a wide variety of canon alongside original characters. We have a minimum 200 word per post count; a short application with optional RP sample after your first character here; and a 200 word history requirement only. Our activity requirements are one post minimum per month for canon and original characters.

Our plot focuses on a rising darkness which is causing magical disturbances throughout the world, bringing hardships to the heroes. The source of this darkness has been revealed and while they continue to gather support, it is up to the heroes to find a way to stop them before they reach their goal.

SPECTRE WATCH The Spectre is gathering more allies for his cause, to cleanse the world of the filth which lives within it. Driven by curiosity he seeks to test the so called 'heroes' of this world by presenting them with chaos, hardship and personal tests. At the moment, he is unimpressed by the actions of the various heroes and remains unswayed from his decision.
RULES
PLOT
FAQ
IMPORTANT TOPICS
CANON LIST
FACE CLAIMS
WHO'S WHO
SITE CREDITS

Add Reply
New Poll

And You’re The Villain?, Tag - Malcolm
Orm Marius
 Posted: Apr 4 2017, 09:12 PM
Orm Marius
Atlantis
Atlantians
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Nef

The Forgotten Son
Sometimes Arthur’s playbook had all the answers he actually needed and he would use it as a “heroism” guideline rather than as something that he usually would have gotten offended by. As much as it hurt his pride, Arthur understood being a hero to the humans a lot more than Orm ever had done or likely ever would. After all, Arthur was someone who had grown up in the human world so he had looked to the heroes the same as everyone else.

Who was he to judge how it would be best for him to be a hero to the humans when he didn’t know anything about how a person would become a hero in the eyes of the human population?

Hence why he followed his brother’s playbook.

And hence why he was in a rather difficult position. He had stopped Malcolm Merlyn as he had recognised his face as one of the list of “well known villains” in the playbook but he was having a little bit of an issue with something that seemed at odds with what he had been told about being a hero.

“Malcolm Merlyn… Ra’s al Ghul…” he gripped his trident tighter for a moment before rubbing the bridge of his nose a little bit in frustration, “Okay so let me see if i’ve got this right, okay? So you’re supposed to be the villain.”

He showed the other man the helpful little picture of him, surrounded by notes from Arthur about why he was a villain. Closing the book, Orm tapped his trident on the ground irritably,

“But that Green Arrow person sounds no better…” he paused before pointing his trident at Malcolm, “What is your end goal? Why do you think you’re justified in killing people?!”

PM
^
Malcolm Merlyn
 Posted: Apr 6 2017, 03:37 AM
Malcolm Merlyn
Starling City
Villains
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Nyte

“funny thing, prophecies...”

Malcolm was frowning. This... Was not going according to plan. He had started tonight with a simple, straightforward goal.

It had not been to have this building burn down. Hell, that hadn't even been in one of his (several) backup plans. This should have been simple! He had come here looking for information, only that, not to deal death. And certainly not to start a fire in an inhabited building.

Damn it all.

He wasn't (surprise, surprise leaving the civilians to die in this fire that he hadn't even caused. Malcolm was Ra's al Ghul, but he wasn't going to just leave them. First of all, he hadn't meant for this. These people were not corrupt. They did not (necessarily) deserve this fate. Second, this felt good. The enchantment in his chest was stronger than ever with this show of kindness. Third, and strangely maybe the most important, he knew Thea would approve of this… If she knew. Which she may never know, but if she, did, perhaps…

It was all he could do to suppress the sigh when he saw the hero. Damn it, he was almost done here. He'd found the book he'd come for, even! And he had only stayed to…

Supposed to be the villain. Malcolm sneered, "'That's what they tell me. And I prefer Ra's al Ghul while in Starling. Malcolm Merlyn is presumed dead, didn't you know?" The woman he'd just freed from the building was already out of earshot, at least. Ra's al Ghul, he'd told them when they asked who he was.

Malcolm Merlyn needed to be dead to Starting a while longer. Seriously, there was a book? An actual, physical book?! That was just… He was definitely going to ask Bruce about this when he got back to Gotham. He could already imagine that conversation!

And then Orm compared him to Oliver (damn him) and Malcolm's lips pressed into a firm line. "I have learned that killing people with arrows is much more forgivable than using other methods." What was his end goal? "That depends. Do you mean my end goal for tonight's endeavors, or my end goal in general?” He didn't pause long to let Orm expand on his meaning, assuming he meant the latter, "In general, I work to cleanse corruption and give my daughter and other innocents a better world to live in." That was something he could be earnest about. "And to tell you the truth, I kill the corrupt, not the innocent. I've made my mistakes, but tonight I caused no death." He gestured to the building, "This was not my doing."

“...kneel before ra’s al ghul.”

PMEmail
^
Orm Marius
 Posted: May 11 2017, 09:57 PM
Orm Marius
Atlantis
Atlantians
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Nef

The Forgotten Son
The fire was rather distracting, all things considered, and he could see that it was still causing a massive amount of distress for the surface dwellers around the area. With a firm rap of the bottom of his trident hitting the tarmac, Orm summoned a rain storm, heavily centred on the burning building so that it was abundantly clear that it was not a natural occurrence.

The guide from his brother said that it was important to establish your presence.

“No, actually.” He admitted, leaving his trident standing up in an unnatural display as he reached into a pocket and withdrew a small notepad and pen, crossing out a few lines before adding some more information, “Thank you. I was operating with old intelligence and that always ends poorly…”

Orm blinked.

“That seems… stupid.” He admitted with a small frown, “How is killing someone one way preferable to another? If all other things are equal, like… like pain and suffering caused… how can one method of killing be seen as forgivable but another is not? Odd. That’s not covered in the book at all.”

He tilted his head to the side slightly,

“So… you kill people. The bad people.” He clarified, legitimately making notes as he spoke to Ra’s Al Ghul, “And you prefer to keep the killing down. Saving innocents… trying to be a good role model for daughter… huh.”

Orm grinned a little bit, tapping his book with a pen,

“Well how about that… according to my brother’s notes on ‘if a hero is really a hero’, you fit the bill!” he grimaced a little bit, “Not so sure about that archer man though…”

PM
^
Malcolm Merlyn
 Posted: May 17 2017, 07:10 AM
Malcolm Merlyn
Starling City
Villains
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Nyte

Of course the fire was distressing; there was always the concern that it would spread to the neighboring buildings, after all. The rain was partly welcome, as it would stop the fire, but it also meant people getting drenched, too. Well, Malcolm's leathers were waterproof. He wasn't all that worried..

Hoods came in handy that way. "well, that was helpful." Look at that; he wasn't even being sarcastic. It was remarkable!

Could have something to do with the fact that Orm was being.. Nice? “My pleasure." It was honestly amusing. This young man was trying so hard. Malcolm didn't want to steer him wrong. "Anywhere else, my name works fine. Just not here.”

Malcolm spread his hands. "That's my question, too. I won't say I haven't done wrong. I have. But I've learned from my mistakes.” He still killed. But he took far more care about the who and why now. “I am of the opinion that heroes tend make the decisions, and the rest of us just live with them. Besides, hero or villain, they are both just labels. Ones we rarely really give ourselves.”

He waited while Orm mused aloud to himself, keeping quiet while the fledgling hero judged him, and waited for the inevitable.

He... Fit the bill? "what was that?" Malcolm kept the surprise out of his voice, but... With a laugh. Malcolm shrugged. "He and I don't get along. At all."

PMEmail
^
Orm Marius
 Posted: May 19 2017, 09:25 PM
Orm Marius
Atlantis
Atlantians
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Nef

The Forgotten Son
Yes! Score!

Orm had made the right call when he decided to call in some rain to help dampen the flames. Of course he had suspected as much but he didn't really know how to manage people's reactions to some of his actions. After all, he had punched out a demon-possessed man without killing the guy and the people had reacted negatively.

And if even this guy was complimenting his intervention then he must be doing something right! Even Arthur's notes had mentioned that this guy seemed to be ridiculously competent.

"I'm just glad that no one is freaking out this time." he admitted with a small shrug, "Though that might be because there isn't any lightening this time..."

Orm seemed to sober quietly,

"The man who hasn't dirtied his hand to achieve his goals is the man who lacks the conviction to do what is necessary." he agreed quietly before forcing himself to brighten a little more, "Yeah, I guess that the media doesn't help either."

He gestured to where a single news helicopter was slowly making its way over to the fire. For SOME REASON, it kept finding itself hitting some rather strong winds, keeping them at a distance that actually stopped them from getting a clear view of either Orm or Malcolm.

The guy did say he wanted to remain unnoticed after all.

Orm took a few steps forwards, putting his trident in it's holster across his back, taking Malcolm's hand in his own as he shook the other man's hand with a bright smile,

"You, Malcolm Merlyn, are a hero." he told the other with absolute certainty, "Even if the whole world might think otherwise, just remember that I, at the very least, know that you're a true hero. A hero willing to sacrifice his own ego, the desire to achieve adulation of others, to do what is, ultimately, right. You have my respect sir."

PM
^
Malcolm Merlyn
 Posted: May 24 2017, 05:27 AM
Malcolm Merlyn
Starling City
Villains
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Nyte

The rain was useful. It helped with the fire, and with the crowd as well. Very nicely done. Malcolm knew nothing of Orm's previous attempts to do heroic things, but truth be told, he felt the man was doing just fine tonight.

Of course, his praise might do more harm th n good amongst the young man's peers.

Malcolm would have been flattered to know that the hero community thought so highly of him. “Well, it's only rain." Lightning, hm? "Yes, well, the more theatrical the storm, the more frightening people will find it.”

"The media can be our most powerful ally or our most damaging nemesis." He frowned, "I'm sorry. What would you prefer me to call you?" Malcolm offered Orm a gloved hand, "It feels quite rude to keep referring to you as just 'the hero' in my mind,” Malcolm spoke with amusement. He noticed the difficulty the news helicopter was having as they tried to pull closer, to get a better picture of the pair. "Thank you."

It wasn't often that Malcolm met a hero (or anyone, really) that he actually liked. But he liked this guy. And after his gesture of kindness, he felt physically better than he had in some time on top of finding a hero he could actually get along with.

"Don't let your hero friends say that, my friend. They do not agree with you.” It was nice to hear it, though. Malcolm shook Orm’s hand warmly, his smile becoming less a smirk and something far more like friendly. "Thank you. I'm not sure I agree with how you view me, but I do appreciate it. If you need me, or what help I can provide, call on me." He produced a card, black, the number in matte silver, and only a number, to hand to Orm, “And I will do what I can."

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

SKINNED BY Vanessa of SHINE and CAUTION
GO TO TOP