here we stand
Welcome to Here we Stand.

We are a AU DC forum, which accepts a wide variety of canon alongside original characters. We have a minimum 200 word per post count; a short application with optional RP sample after your first character here; and a 200 word history requirement only. Our activity requirements are one post minimum per month for canon and original characters.

Our plot focuses on a rising darkness which is causing magical disturbances throughout the world, bringing hardships to the heroes. The source of this darkness has been revealed and while they continue to gather support, it is up to the heroes to find a way to stop them before they reach their goal.

SPECTRE WATCH The Spectre is gathering more allies for his cause, to cleanse the world of the filth which lives within it. Driven by curiosity he seeks to test the so called 'heroes' of this world by presenting them with chaos, hardship and personal tests. At the moment, he is unimpressed by the actions of the various heroes and remains unswayed from his decision.
RULES
PLOT
FAQ
IMPORTANT TOPICS
CANON LIST
FACE CLAIMS
WHO'S WHO
SITE CREDITS

Add Reply
New Poll

All About Presence, Tag - Nick
Orm Marius
 Posted: Apr 4 2017, 09:11 PM
Orm Marius
Atlantis
Atlantians
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Nef

The Forgotten Son
Orm wasn’t very good at being a hero but one of the few things he actually beat his brother in was knowledge regarding the magical arts of Atlantis. He wasn’t as good as someone who dedicated their entirely lives to the art of course, but he knew enough to be able to detect the presence of a dark, dead, creature in this place.

Hence why he was currently walking down the middle of a road, parting traffic with his unflinching walk as he marched onward with his trident in hand and silver and black cape billowing behind him.

Of all the things his brother said were needed to be a hero, Orm much preferred the cape to the playbook he had been given.

He was still following a lightly glowing amulet when he noticed it seemed to tug very strongly in the direction of a rather bland-looking human. Then again, most of the humans looked bland to him considering he was used to the much more diverse Atlantis. He stepped up in front of the human, blocking his path now that he was absolutely sure that the amulet was detecting un-death and demonic energies from the man.

Okay… lesson number eight. Confronting the villain. Remember to keep your stance impassable and project your voice and authority…. So much to remember about being a hero according to the playbook!

“Stop villain!” he declared, slamming his trident down on the ground, breaking some of the concrete there as he held his other hand out towards the villain, Nick, with his palm out towards him as a ‘stop’ signal, “You reek of un-death and foul magics that are an affront to the natural order! Come quietly and I shall ensure the proper authorities treat you well. Resist and force shall be used!”

Got it right! Arthur would be proud of that entrance he was sure.

PM
^
Nicolas Nolan
 Posted: Apr 6 2017, 03:23 AM
Nicolas Nolan
Around
Magic Users
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Nyte

“First rule of magic: Always be the smartest guy in the room.”

For once, Nick was doing absolutely nothing wrong. Nothing illegal, nothing untoward, no evil (or even not evil) plot.. He was just out for a stroll, enjoying some good weather, and having a surprisingly pleasant day.

His minions (demons, yes) were all busy at tasks. Watch Zatanna Zatara. Watch John Constantine. No harming people. No drawing attention to yourself. It was important to set the rules firmly and immediately when dealing with demons... And Nick had learned the ins and owls to this in Hell. No better place to learn how to deal with demons!

As an escapee of Hell, yes, he supposedly was undead. It was also more like not-dead, anymore, too though. Nick hadn't actually died; he'd still been very alive when he had had his soul ripped away from his body. He breathed, though, he felt and saw and lived like people did. He looked like himself, save his eyes. Golden eyes, now. Made it feel off to look in a mirror.

So it was that Nick ambled the street, a small half-smile on his lips as he mingled with the crowd, just going about having a nice, normal day.

"stop villain!”

Nick almost walked into the... Wanna-be hero. The crazy get-up, the flamboyant cape, the laughable posturing..... It was cute, really. At least, it was cute until the caped, wanna-be crusader started speaking. He reeked, did he? That was a new one. Christ, this guy was a piece of work!

Nick had escaped Hell. Did this guy think, for even a second, that the police could hold him???

So cute. No, really. It was fucking adorable.

Arching a brow, clearly unimpressed. Nick shifted to lean against the building he'd been walking by. "Care to share what the proper authorities would be taking me in for, pally?" He motioned back the way he'd come, and then to the crack hero-boy had made in the concrete, "Because the only law breaking I'm seeing is destruction of property done by a self-righteous upstart who fancies himself a big hero."

“I can feel you forgetting me....”

PMEmail
^
Orm Marius
 Posted: Apr 9 2017, 05:38 PM
Orm Marius
Atlantis
Atlantians
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Nef

The Forgotten Son
Seriously, this man seemed to have demonic and dead energies just radiating from him and around him. How did the man not notice? Maybe human magic was different to Atlantian magic but Orm could literally taste the taint in the air from where he was right now.

And it was not pretty at all!

He blinked once,

"Are you humans so backwards that you have no laws in place for dealing with those who tear at the very fabric of creation for their own whims? For those who rage against the most static of constants?" he asked, actually rather amazed for a moment, "I knew Atlantis was a much more cultured place but this is ridiculous."

Probably going to have to take this creature to the cells in Atlantis then.

"You can stop pretending, sorcerer." he told the undead man before him with a dark frown, "I'm not blind to the magics that cling to you like a cloak. And I shall not turn a blind eye to a practitioner of the darkest of arts waltzing around even the surface world. Submit yourself to the justice of Atlantis or this shall become physical!"

PM
^
Nicolas Nolan
 Posted: Apr 12 2017, 05:49 AM
Nicolas Nolan
Around
Magic Users
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Nyte

Was this guy fucking kidding?!

He had to be kidding, right? Had to be. Golden eyes narrowed at the hero wannabe as Nick listened to him carry on Yeah, he'd been dragged to Hell and spent nearly forever there. Yeah, he'd learned what he'd needed to learn to escape. Yeah, he bent fucking demons to his own facing will! He had been dead, but he wasn't anymore! He lived and breathed and ate and felt…

"Yer hurting my feelings here, buddy." He pointed a figure at Orm, “A whim?!” Well didn't that just burn him up! "Fuck off, pal. You have no idea what yer talking about. I wasn't DEAD! I didn't... You come waltzing out to our world and now because you're here we're supposed to abide by yer rules ‘cause ya think yer so much better than us? Screw that. Get lost." More cultured, this guy said, but yeah, fuck that. “Yeah, right. Sounds more like 'more judgmental' ta me. If ya like it there so much better," he snarled, “Then go back there. I ain't hurtin' no one. Just out takin' a walk, enjoyin’ a nice fuckin' day, an outta nowhere you come out an' start in on me about bein’ a villain. Well, I'm not doing anything wrong, ya blowhard, so run along an' play with someone who gives a damn.”

Yeah, guy had used up all of Nick's goodwill for the moment. "Ya fancy yerself a hero? Well let me tell ya a secret, kid." He leaned forward, “Heroes don't go around harassing people out for a walk doing their own thing!”

Stop pretending. Really, this guy. "I ain't pretending nothing. Run along, kiddo. I got better things ta do today. Like washing my hair."

PMEmail
^
Orm Marius
 Posted: Apr 14 2017, 10:58 PM
Orm Marius
Atlantis
Atlantians
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Nef

The Forgotten Son
Orm hummed a little bit as he took his trident in both hands and just examined it while the human dead-man tried to explain how being an undead rogue sorcerer was anything less than wrong. Seriously, he was just minding his own business right? He hadn't deserved to die had he? He didn't end up the right place in the afterlife and that was so awful and boo hoo and the rest.

"Shut up." he instructed the magic user with a roll of his eyes, "You mean to tell me that you didn't die? That you didn't deserve to end up where you were? Well that's all very sad. It still doesn't give you the right to claw your way back into the world of the living."

He scowled severely,

"There is a balance to life and the afterlife and you would fly in the face of it... why?" he raised an eyebrow slowly, "Let me guess. It. Wasn't. Fair."

He twirled his trident, electricity building up along it's length but not harming him even as it arced along his arms. A benefit of being the master of the trident of storms right there.

"Who's to say your arrival back into the world in the living isn't the reason for a woman having a miscarriage? There is a fragile balance to life and death and you broke it." he pointed his trident at the man, "Now I will give you one more chance: Surrender and be taken before the court of elders, casters and King of Atlantis. Resist and I will take you anyway. One option involves copious amounts of pain... and I know which one I'd prefer your undead flesh-sack."

Yes... tick off 'insult the villain' from the list of things to do now!

PM
^
Nicolas Nolan
 Posted: Apr 20 2017, 04:46 AM
Nicolas Nolan
Around
Magic Users
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Nyte

Nick never claimed to not dersve death. If John had killed him.” Maybe it would have been different. But no. John had let Nick be dragged to Hell while he’d still been alive, the bastard. Hadn't been enough to steal Zee..

"Fuck off," Nick shot back to the hero wannabe. "I. Was. Alive. That demon tore me into Hell kicking and screaming you dumb fuck. And ya know, I'm pretty sure no one on Earth gets to say who does or doesn't deserve damnation. Not your call. That gall you to hear? That it ain't your right to play judge and jury? I imagine so, seeing that you come here to my world and tell me ya gonna drag me to yours because ya don't like our rules. That make ya feel all heroic? Shouldn’t. Makes ya a bully.”

He sneered, “Ya know what a bully is? They're Bad Guys, hero. Ya playin’ the Bad Guy here.”

Balance. Fair. Nick rolled his eyes. "life ain't fair, pally. I came back cause I could. I don't care if ya like it, an' ya can spout yer tree-huggins’ hippie bullshit all ya like.

The electricity was really all the threat Nick needed. He was done with Mr. Goody-two-shoes here. Wannabe hero coming out from Atlantis to the surface, threatening him and telling him he'll just lake him somewhere he'd never been for breaking their rules where he was. Yeah, ah, NO. Instead, Nick shrugged,
giving a sharp whistle and grinning to Orm," Yeah, why don't ya have some fun, cause I think I'm done here." The words may have appeared to be spoken to Orm, but they weren't. No. no. Nick was speaking to one of his "friends" from Hell, a demon. Oh won’t his new little playmate here be just beside himself when he meets Nick nearest buddy?

That should distract Mr. Hero nicely while Nick got himself away, yeah?
PMEmail
^
Orm Marius
 Posted: Apr 23 2017, 04:55 PM
Orm Marius
Atlantis
Atlantians
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Nef

The Forgotten Son
This man just didn't seem to understand. Or he did understand and was just flying in the face of the natural order of things because he felt like it. That was all well and good for him but Orm wasn't about to let him turn out to be a threat to the world of the living - Atlantis was part of that world after all and there were few surface dwellers who could harm it.

A magic user with no regard for the natural order of life and death counted as a clear and present danger to his people and he would not let that stand.

"I don't care how you ended up there you simpleton!" he declared firmly, "I care that you tore apart the natural order of the entire world to come back! Things that are in the afterlife have no business coming back and if you are half as intelligent as you seem to think you are then you should know this already - I don't make judgement on your suitability for the Pit. I make judgement on you based on your blatant disregard for the stability of the natural order of the world and lack of responsibility you take. You broke laws of nature and man, and you will be held accountable for it."

He gritted his teeth and exploded forwards, getting right up into the man's personal space,

"You are an animal - ruled by emotion and selfish greed!" he declared firmly, "Whatever I have done in my life, I have done it all for the betterment of my people. And you? What have you done for anyone but yourself? You act as a gateway for those that should not step foot in the world of the living and for what? What cause do you serve, save yourself? Call me a bully or a villain if you wish. I will do what is right for my people above all else - and that includes taking you in."

He wanted to add that it included killing the man if he did not cooperate too but that was something that he thought best not to bring into this conversation. It wasn't his place to kill the man. The council would decide his fate and his hands would be clean of the man's death.

Orm was confused for a moment until one of the nearby civilians began to march up to him in response to the man's comment. He turned to the man, catching glimpse of red in the eyes before a kick to his gut sent him soaring backwards through the air, slamming into the side of a car as it was passing, burying him in the passenger side of the vehicle.

"Sorry about that citizen." he apologised to the driver as he pulled himself out of the twisted metal, thankfully with only light cuts along his back from the impact, "It seems I must do battle now."

The possessed citizen, for that's what it must be, charged at him, heedless of the traffic that was swerving out of the way. Orm twirled his trident above his head before swinging it round and smacking it into the side of the person's knee. The bone broke and the demon was sent tumbling to the ground in a twitching heap as the electrical charge removed the muscles' control over the body. He grabbed the twitching body by the collar and dragged it back to the sidewalk,

"Fear not citizens! For this person, though possessed, shall recover from their injuries while being neutralised as a threat for now!" he declared to the assembled crowd, "This said, can someone please alert the healers to ensure full recovery?"

As the crowd moved to the downed opponent, Orm pushed through the crowd, looking for the man who had sicked the demon on him in the first place. Seriously, the man was probably getting away now that the crowd were asking him questions. Honestly, who cared what his 'cape name' was or whatever.

PM
^
Nicolas Nolan
 Posted: May 1 2017, 02:19 AM
Nicolas Nolan
Around
Magic Users
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Nyte

Natural order.

There'd been nothing natural about how he'd gotten to Hell. Apparently that was just fine and dandy, but let a man find a way back and suddenly the world was gonna fall apart and leave chaos behind as it did. Bah! fuck if he was gonna rot down there just because some prick fancied himself above Nick!

Simpleton? Heh. "Resorting to name calling, are we, pally? I didn't tear nothing. I like my world nice and whole, same as your self-righteous ass does. Don't mean I'm gonna sit an' rot just because my ex thought I should. If it weren't a big enough problem ta go after him fer sendin' me down there in the first place, then shouldn't be such a big thing when I make it back topside. And I broke no laws to which I am bound. I don't recognize any sovereignty over me by yer people.”

When Orm stepped forward. Nick deftly stepped back, not allowing the other man to get so near to him. Selfish. Nick hadn't set out to be selfish. He’d always held the well being of his lovers - ex-lovers now - above his own.

Until they'd crossed him. Betrayed him.

Maybe he had deserved Hell after everything. Good intentions, after all, did not guarantee heaven. But that betrayal? What had he done to deserve that? "Yer people got nothin' to do with me.” Nick snarled around the words, "And my work's got nothin' ta do with you. My purpose, neither. What I've done for others, am tryin' ta do, ain’t yer business, an' neither am I.”

He was furious. None of this was necessary, no one had needed to get hurt today; he'd just wanted to feel the sun on his skin again. why was that too much?

His people.

"Yer people don't rate higher than mine, ya ass. Bugger off." Nick was done with the hero wannabe. Let the demon have his play. It wanted it, Nick knew, he could about feel it.

Orm asked for healers, and Nick laughed bitterly as he headed for the door that would take him far from where they were. Nearby Orm, people were shouting for doctors, and giving the "hero" a wide berth lest he decide they were possessed, too.

Fool kid. He needed a whole school of lessons. For the first time, he wondered how his ex-lovers managed to deal with this brand of... Naivety.

PMEmail
^
Orm Marius
 Posted: May 11 2017, 09:57 PM
Orm Marius
Atlantis
Atlantians
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Nef

The Forgotten Son
Well, yes. He had resorted to name-calling because the guide actually told him that that was one of the things that he would be able to get away with as a hero of these surface dwellers. Apparently a lot of them didn’t respond well when you either tore them apart with sarcasm or made them piss their britches with fear.

Whatever.

“Did you ex kill you? If so then perhaps you deserved each other.” He sniped back, “And if they didn’t then maybe one, or both of you, shouldn’t have been fucking around with such dangerous forces.”

The… the fuck?

Did this human really think that he had all the power in the world to fuck around with the status quo of life and death… and yet couldn’t be held accountable for it? That he SHOULDN’T be held accountable for his actions?

What a child this undead thing really was.

“You really do think you’re above it all don’t you?” he was, honestly, rather bemused and bewildered, “You ended up in Hell. Nothing divine intervened at any point… does this not tell you something? That, perhaps, you had already been judged and found wanting? No magic user of any skill takes in our world and ignores that the divine is reality. So do you really believe that you ended up there by chance?”

He growled in annoyance,

“My people don’t pollute the world and strut with such arrogance as you!”

Of course then a demon needed dealing with.

Sighing a little bit, he tried to answer some of the questions the people had but they were… getting angry. What were they getting angry about? He’d just finished explaining how the man he’d taken down had been possessed by a demon.

Something cold and wet hit the side of his face and Orm snarled, turning around quickly to try and see who had thrown what appeared to one of those ice coffees. He slowly looked around, seeing that the jeering and sneers of the few was rapidly becoming a lot more common than any smiles he had received to begin with.

He dodged another coffee and suddenly the people around him seemed as hostile as the demon that had just tried to kill him.

Orm split the heavens open in a sudden thunderstorm that whipped up in moments with the aid of his trident. He stood, motionless, as the crowd of angry humans dispersed, many of them afraid of him for causing rain to shoo them away. Still sticky from the coffee, Orm watched as mothers carried their children away and angry youths began throwing other things at him, heavier and potentially dangerous, even if their aim was appalling.

“I just wanted to help.”

Given more vitality by the rain, Orm sped away at faster than human speeds, feeling the need to feel the ebb and flow of the sea right now.

PM
^
Nicolas Nolan
 Posted: May 20 2017, 09:47 AM
Nicolas Nolan
Around
Magic Users
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Nyte

This whole situation was starting just piss Nick off. Enough that he was getting awfully close to being the bad guy the wannabe hero was accusing him of being. After all, if there were gonna be labeled a villain, he may as well earn the title, shouldn't he?

Regardless of his plans, Nick hadn't actually hurt anyone. But he was growing angry, and considering giving this guy what he wanted.

Nick could be the bad guy. He didn't think Mr. Big-Talker would like that so much. They played in different leagues, after all. "Nah. He didn't bother with the killing part, pally. Just let the demon pull me down, kicking and screaming.” And begging for help. Nick kept his voice casual, as though the topic didn't bother him at all.

"No, no, pal. Yer the one saying you and yours get to lay judgement on me. Even though I ain't one of yer people. Yer the self-righteous one here. Don't ya go tryin' ta lay that off on me." He chuckled, “So. If ya saw a kid, an innocent soul, dragged off ta Hell, ya wouldn't help?" Nick snorted, “And yer the one claiming ta be a hero here?" He gave a shrug, "I wasn't strutting, son. I was taking a quiet walk. Yer the one that showed up, breaking what ain't yers, passing judgements, making threats, and callin' names. Does yer mama know what yer up to?"

Nick tried to keep from letting any of the demons have any real freedom. He wasn't out to hurt innocent people. But at the same time, he was past done with this guy. He'd tried to play nice, but the guy wasn't going to leave him be. Time to take matters into his own hands, then. The little hero thought so little of humans… Nick didn't bother trying to stop the small crowd.

Some people only learned the hard way. You don't go into someone else home and tell them how to live.

He didn't even feel bad for the guy.

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

SKINNED BY Vanessa of SHINE and CAUTION
GO TO TOP