here we stand
Welcome to Here we Stand.

We are a AU DC forum, which accepts a wide variety of canon alongside original characters. We have a minimum 200 word per post count; a short application with optional RP sample after your first character here; and a 200 word history requirement only. Our activity requirements are one post minimum per month for canon and original characters.

Our plot focuses on a rising darkness which is causing magical disturbances throughout the world, bringing hardships to the heroes. The source of this darkness has been revealed and while they continue to gather support, it is up to the heroes to find a way to stop them before they reach their goal.

SPECTRE WATCH The Spectre is gathering more allies for his cause, to cleanse the world of the filth which lives within it. Driven by curiosity he seeks to test the so called 'heroes' of this world by presenting them with chaos, hardship and personal tests. At the moment, he is unimpressed by the actions of the various heroes and remains unswayed from his decision.
RULES
PLOT
FAQ
IMPORTANT TOPICS
CANON LIST
FACE CLAIMS
WHO'S WHO
SITE CREDITS

Add Reply
New Poll

How Do You Hide The Gates Of Hell?, Tag - Astra + Amazons
John Constantine
 Posted: Jan 14 2017, 03:55 PM
John Constantine
Liverpool
Staff
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Nef

The Laughing Magician
"Well bugger."

He muttered darkly to himself as he looked around the area that the intelligence had told him the entrance to Hell was supposed to be. The only issue was that the gate, which should have been a cave, seemed to have been closed off by a collapse.

He would have used his magic to clear the rocks but he was pretty sure that the gates had actually just pulled off a ward specifically to keep a powerful magic user from entering. Which he technically counted as.

Fantastic.

"Astra..." he called out to his genie friend, "I think we need one of the locals to be aroun' this thing!"

He muttered,

"Givin' off major judgement vibes for be bein' the wron' gend'r!" he paused, "And no! Not changin'!"

PMEmail
^
Astra
 Posted: Jan 22 2017, 02:30 PM
Astra
The Bottle
Magic Users
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Leia

All the world is waiting for you and the power you possess
John's magical boost had made getting to Themiscyra easier than it needed to be at least, since Astra couldn't just teleport them there. It was where John wanted to be, and therefore he'd need to wish for it. But now that they were here, it seemed like they had another problem. The entrance they needed access to was blocked by a pile of rocks. She wasn't sure why John didn't want to rely on his magic, but she assumed there was a pretty good reason, and he once again shot down the idea of her turning him in to a woman. How boring!

She got the obvious suggestion though, which was that Astra should go and find somebody. Really, again, since it wasn't a wish, she shouldn't do it, but she wasn't really using her powers, and she was so excited by being asked to help that she didn't really consider that part.
"Ohmigod! Yes! I can do that! I'll go find somebody!" She said excitedly, before pausing for a moment. "Uh, but not dressed like this. Hold on! I've got this!" She held her arms out at the side, and she span around in a circle, transforming in a flash of light. When the flash of light was over, she was stood there in what she had managed to read about Amazon popular culture told her Amazons dressed like this. A short red top with a golden eagle on it and blue hotpants with white stars.. She even had the knee high red boots, golden bracelets and tiara. She did, of course, still have pink hair and her usual features.

"Dude! What do you think? Pretty awesome right? I'll fit right in!"Astra asked with a bright smile. It was actually difficult to tell whether she was being serious or not. Astra technically had any knowledge of Amazonian (or any other culture) she needed to communicate and grant wishes, but as a genie, she never really dressed traditionally for any culture, as her general punk aesthetic suggested. So of course for an Amazon she would be dressed in something considered ridiculous.

Although Astra would later blame the internet for this particular choice.

John Constantine, Outfit, 362

PM
^
John Constantine
 Posted: Jan 30 2017, 10:29 PM
John Constantine
Liverpool
Staff
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Nef

The Laughing Magician
Seriously, she wasn't going to let the idea of him turning into a woman go was she?

Honestly, it was beginning to get to the point that John was beginning to get worried that she might do it to him anyway. Or a very realistic illusion at the very least... either way it was enough to get him all paranoid about his junk being messed with!

She really wasn't the type he liked playing with that stuff.

What... the... actual... fuck?!

John had thought that Astra was maturing, perhaps coming away from the teenage phase to act like an adult. While he might not be the best role model, even he knew that going to the locals dressed like a cheap 1960s version of their champion was likely to be a bad idea.

Unless they found it flattering...? Nah, that wasn't the way his luck worked.

"I... I er..." he wanted to reject it outright but he was trying to prove he might one day make a fairly decent father figure right now, if only to himself, "I thin' yer look great... not sur' how they'll tak' it. How abou' I try somethin' else first?"

He walked over, stood behind Astra before picking her up by her hips, presenting her to the doorway,

"She femal' enough yer judgy bastard?!"

The door remained closed so John put her down,

"Huh. Guess not." he shrugged, "Alrigh' kiddo, go fetc' a 'volunteer'."

PMEmail
^
Astra
 Posted: Feb 5 2017, 07:02 PM
Astra
The Bottle
Magic Users
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Leia

All the world is waiting for you and the power you possess
Astra could tell, having known John for a little while now, that he wasn't quite saying what he wanted to say. Which was, for John, unusual. That's probably why it was so obvious. She didn't know what the problem was, she had pink hair and dressed alternatively back home (and weirdly she did think of it as 'home' despite being a magical genie with no real home) all the time, and he never seemed to worry then.

Before she could react though, he lifted her up to the door (it was probably lucky that as a mystical being Astra weighed very little), but the door refused to open.
"I guess I'm technically not female or male..." Astra pointed out, although she did very much consider herself 'a girl'. "Although that seems kinda judgemental. Hey! Door! You should respect other people's chosen gender identities!" She yelled at it, because it was very possible that Astra had been spending far too much time on Tumblr.

What? John had wifi for a reason, and if he didn't want her using his laptop, he should of set a more secure password!

"Okay, fine. You stay here and try not to get murdered by any Amazons that find you." She said as she began to trek off across the island. "I mean it! I dunno what happens if the person who owns my vessel dies, and I don't wanna find out!" She added, which was mainly a joke (or a deflection) because she didn't want to admit she was a little worried about leaving John in such a hostile environment all alone.

She only walked for a moment before deciding that really wasn't something she had to do. Bored of trekking down from the mountain where they door was, she instead vanished in a cloud of pink smoke and reappeared in the city down below, where apparently most of the Amazons liked to spend their time.

They didn't react well to the magically appearing genie, but Astra didn't really mind. As several of them seemed to brandish weapons to find out who she was, even as she raised her hands in surrender, she knew she didn't have to care. Her vessel was thousands of miles away, and without that, they couldn't harm her.

"Whoa, whoa, hey! I come in peace and stuff!" She explained, arms held up. Okay, maybe this wasn't the best idea. What was she even meant to say to them? 'I'm here with a dude who wants to infiltrate some temple of yours?'. It'd probably not go down too well...

John Constantine, Outfit, 428

PM
^
John Constantine
 Posted: Feb 13 2017, 10:30 PM
John Constantine
Liverpool
Staff
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Nef

The Laughing Magician
Fucking A.

His little 'daughter' had decided that she was going to insult the doorway to hell based on how it had assumed her gender. And, actually, assumed it incorrectly based on her appearance rather than anything else. Was there some kind of sight-based test for the doorway?

If so then that was just ridiculously unsafe.

And this coming from a guy who's wards were based on intent to harm or inconvenience him! Speaking of which, he had to set a reminder for himself to re-do his wards to be more sensitive to trickery... eh, he'd find time later to do it he was sure.

"Let em hav' it kiddo." he teased her with a roll of his eyes, "Though seems like we're goin' to need someone who is actually, biologically, femal' an' all..."

John just grinned a little bit,

"Wha' yer worryin' about? If an amazon chic' coms along I'll jus' be me charmin' self!"

Probably what she was worried about to be fair but whatever!

John watched as Astra walked away, growing gradually more amused as he watched her trudging until she seemed to remember that she was a purely magical being and could be as solid or not as she wanted to be at the time.

He paused for a moment before leaning back against the stones nearby the doorway. John glanced at the judgemental doorway,

"I hat' you, you know."

PMEmail
^
Zosime
 Posted: Apr 11 2017, 10:28 AM
Zosime
??
She/Her
Amazons
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Pansexual
Single
Tiger
She/Her - GMT - Offline

How Do You Hide the Gates of Hell?
Zosime hadn't been back on Themiscyra for very long, she had barely had time to make her report to the Queen, grab some food and rest, before she had caught wind of some kind of a disturbance in one of the residential areas of the island. As one of the most practiced warriors within the island, she thought that it was her duty to attend the scene and find out the truth of things. Whispers were quickly corrupted and she definitely did not trust the heresy which had come to her ears. A young woman, with pink hair, having appeared out of nowhere in the village. Such a thing would be completely unheard of.

People did not know the location of Paradise Island, strangers did not randomly happen across it in their journeys and this young woman would probably be more than she appeared. The ability to manifest herself out of thin air, if such a thing was to be believed, definitely spelt magic and the inhabitants of the island did not take too kindly to magic being used. Not after all the troubles they had suffered at the hands of Circe. Perhaps this element of the whispers was nothing more than an embellishment, perhaps the girl had simply been stealthy and evaded sight, no magical use whatsoever. Yet, with the appearance of her on the island at all being taken into account, the woman having some magical ability seemed more likely than not.

Dressed in her armour, Zosime made her way towards the scene, following the directions of another Amazon who had apparently seen the event transpiring. Head held high and a firm expression on her face which clearly showed her composure and confidence, Zosime kept her eyes trained on the strangely dressed woman as the two of them drew nearer to her. The other Amazon veered away, joining the small circle of spectators who had gathered around, wondering about the woman and what she wanted.

Zosime stayed as neutral as possible, as she replied to the younger looking female in a firm but gentle tone;

"I am Zosime, a warrior of the Amazons. I ask what your presence here on our island is in aid of and how you come to be in this sacred and safe place without invitation or representation from one of our own." she asked, keeping her gaze level with the other woman's as she aimed to gauge the reaction to her words.

411, Astra, John , Armour
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

SKINNED BY Vanessa of SHINE and CAUTION
GO TO TOP